Research Report on Teslacrypt 3.0 Virus
Teslacrypt 3.0 is the newest variants of the notorious file-encrypting ransomware Cryptolocker and RSA. It is able to sneak into your system silently once you open attachments of spam emails sent by unknown senders. Such spam emails usually use tricky messages to lure the receiver to open the attachments. For instance, the email tells you that you have a payment o eBay and the attachment is the invoice, even if you did not buy anything on eBay recently, you will open the attachment to check if someone was using your credit card illegally. At the moment you open it, the disaster has happened to your files.
All kinds of system files such as .avi, .mkv, .pdf, .xml, .doc, .png, .jpeg, .jpg, .ay, .md, .mdb and .dxg will all be encrypted with Teslacrypt 3.0. After that, the virus shows you a file recovering instruction on a wallpaper or TXT file or popup webpage, which demand you to send money in form of bitcoin to their account. The ransom fees is usually over $300 and will be required to paid within 48 hours. Teslacrypt 3.0 warns that if you do not pay it within the period, and if you attempt to recover them with other methods, you will never have chance to get them back at all. It is horrible to every victim while reading such random messages, though most of people do not want to pay and do not trust the hacker, our researcher found that lots of them pay the ransom fees because those personal files were so important. But was it the right decision? Not really, many victims paid for nothing, and their files cannot be restored. You may get scammed by the hacker and you may give them a chance to steal you banking account, so we suggest all victims not buying the suspicious decryption key from hacker, it may be a big trap.
You should first find solution to get rid of Teslacrypt 3.0 from your system permanently so that your computer can become safe again, and then you can find some top data restore apps to try to recover the infected files. Our team worked out a guide for deleting Teslacrypt 3.0 here, we hope it can help you.
How to Remove Teslacrypt 3.0 Virus Completely
Step 1 – Uninstall Teslacrypt 3.0 and all unwanted / unknown / suspicious software from Control Panel
Windows 10 users:
1) Press the Windows key + I to launch Settings >> click System icon.
2) In System screen, click on App & features on the left side.
3) On the right side, click on icon of Teslacrypt 3.0 or other program that you want to uninstall >> click the Uninstall button
Windows 8 / 8.1 users:
1) Press the Windows key + Q together
2) Type Control Panel and click the icon.
3) Click Uninstall a program
4) Right-click on Teslacrypt 3.0 or any unwanted program and then click Uninstall
Windows 7 /Vista users:
1) Click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
2) Access Uninstall a program.
3) Right-click on Teslacrypt 3.0 or any unknown program and then click Uninstall
Windows XP users:
1) Click the Start menu.
2) Open Control Panel.
3) Click Add or Remove Programs
4) Right-click on Teslacrypt 3.0 or any suspicious program and then click Uninstall
Step 2 – Remove Teslacrypt 3.0 related add-ons/extensions from web browsers
1) Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
2) Click “More Tools”.
3) Select “Extensions”.
4) Find Teslacrypt 3.0 related extensions and click the trash can icon
2) In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions or Appearance panel.
3) Select the unwanted or suspicious add-on related with Teslacrypt 3.0.
4) Click the Remove button.
2) Click the Tools button, and then click Manage add-ons.
3) Click Toolbar and Extensions
1. Reset your default search engine to remove Teslacrypt 3.0 related hijacker virus.
- Select More (…) on the address bar, then Settings
- Click View advanced settings
- Click <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”, then input the search engine you like:
- Now select the search engine you like and click Add as default:
2. Reset your homepage page on Microsoft Edge to remove homepage redirect virus downloaded by Teslacrypt 3.0.
- Select More (…) on the address bar, then Settings
- Under Open with, select A specific page or pages
- select Custom to enter the URL of page you want to set as homepage
Step 3 Locate and remove all malicious files of Teslacrypt 3.0 and related infections
To completely get Teslacrypt 3.0 and all infections removed from your system, you need to locate and delete all harmful files created by the threats. In this part, you have two options:
Option One – If you are a experienced computer users with expert technique, you can access to Registry to find and remove all dangerous Registry keys and values by yourself (Never try this option if you do not have rich experience and top technique on solving computer problems, because any small mistake can cause severe system malfunction);
Press the Windows key + R together >> Type “regedit‘ in the Run box and hit Enter key >> Locate and remove all malicious registry files created by Teslacrypt 3.0 and other threats:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TabbedBrowsing "NewTabPageShow" = "1"" HHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Tracing\Muvic_RASAPI32 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Tracing\Muvic_RASMANCS HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Wpm HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\“[virus name]”
Option Two (Highly Recommended for All Users) – If you are just a common computer user who is not good at handling computer problems and deleting system threats, you are highly recommended to use SpyHunter Malware Scanner to help you seek and delete files of Teslacrypt 3.0 and other infections automatically with ease.
Teslacrypt 3.0 is quite stubborn computer virus good at hiding itself. If you cannot find out and delete all its malicious files, it may come back and become stronger and more harmful. Therefore, our tech team suggest you installing SpyHunter to assist you, which is one of the best anti-malware tool capable of tracking and removing all the files of computer threats include Adware, Hijacker, Trojan and Ransomware. Now please download SpyHunter to help you detect Teslacrypt 3.0 and all other hiding threats easily:
1. Click “Download Now” button below to download SpyHunter Anti-Malware safely:
( After SpyHunter is downloaded, your Chrome /Firefox /IE/Edge may show a fake security warning “This type of file can harm your computer. Do you want to keep Download_Spyhunter-Installer.exe anyway?”, which is generated by virus to cheat you, please just ignore the fake warning and click “Keep” button.)
(Notes – If you do not need it any more, please check SpyHuner Uninstalling Steps here. Free version of SpyHunter provides unlimited free scans and detection. After it detects malicious files, processes and registry entries, you can manually locate and remove them on your own; Or to purchase its full version to remove the virus automatically. Meanwhile, the full version of SpyHunter will offers you unlimited one-on-one professional help for any malware related issue by its official PC expert.)
2. Run SpyHunter-Installer.exe to start the installation and follow its instructions to install SpyHunter:
3. Once SpyHunter is installed, click “Start New Scan” to detect Teslacrypt 3.0 and all malicious files on your system:
4. Once SpyHunter completes the scan, you can follow the scan results to find and delete the harmful files of Teslacrypt 3.0 manually by yourself; Or click Fix Threats to delete all the infections quickly and automatically:
Step 4 – Recover Your Files from Backup or through Stellar Data Recovery Software.
If you have backed up your files with external hard drive or cloud drive, now you can delete all the encrypted files and then recover your files.
If you do not have any backup, you need to download some famous data recovery tool to try your luck. Here our lab recommends the top-class Stellar Data Recovery software to you, which is specialized in restoring damaged Windows files. We hope it can help you restore some files. Try it now:
1. Click the image below to open download page of Stellar Data Recovery:
2. Click Free Download button on its Stellar website:
3. Double click the installation file of Stellar and follow its instructions to install it:
4. Click Scan Now to detect all the files encrypted by Teslacrypt 3.0:
5. Select the file types you want to recover and then click Recover button
(Note – This guide is only provided as an reference to help you get rid of Teslacrypt 3.0 ransomware to make your PC healthy and prevent new files being infected. We cannot promise that the recommended tools can recover every user’s files which have been encrypted by the most dangerous ransomware such as Teslacrypt 3.0. Wish you with good luck!)
Tips for Preventing Computer Virus and Malware
According to research, Free Download Software /Files, Spam Email Attachment, Torrent Files and Porn Websites are the most common ways that cyber criminal spread computer infections such as Teslacrypt 3.0. To protect your system from virus and malware attacking, please take these suggestions:
1. Always select Advanced / Custom Installation whenever installing any software;
2. Always update software from their official websites;
3. Always make a scan on free download files and email attachments;
4. It’s better not visiting any Porn websites;
5. Install a top class antivirus software and keep the Firewall up all the time. Here we recommend you the best antivirus – Avast Internet Security. It provides your 60 days free trail, download it now to give your computer an overall protection for free.
This article should NOT be mistaken for being associated in any way with the promotion or endorsement of malware. The purpose of this article is to inform readers on the detection and removal of malware and should not be taken out of context for purposes of associating this website with malware, All information provided on this article is “as is” for educational purpose only.