What is Satan ransomware?
Satan ransomware is a fresh file encryption virus breaks out recently. Similar to other ransomware, Satan ransomware is mainly attached files of spam emails. For instance, when you receive a fake email disguising as express delivery notification, you will easily be lured to download and open its attachments to check the message, and then Satan ransomware will be activated as soon as you double click the file. The only purpose is get ransom fees from victims by selling its so-called decryption key which costs lots of money. If you cannot afford the fees or refuse to buy the key, Satan ransomware will completely ruin all your files. You will see a warning from a screen popup or a BMD or TXT file left by Satan ransomware similar this:
According research by our lab, it has been confirmed that Satan ransomware can encrypt almost all the file types on your system, including .avi, .png. mp4, .jpg, .cer, .doc, .PDF and so on. When you double click the encrypted files, you will get a error all the time. After that, Satan ransomware displays a instruction for you to restore your files, that is to visit hacker’s websites and send money to them to get the decryption key. You may take it as a last straw to recover your files, however, our research team has found that this could be a scam. That means you may not get your files back even you purchase the expensive key. Moreover, the payment process may be monitored by hacker and you may lose all money in your account. Therefore, do not send money to the maker of Satan ransomware virus. Now it is important to delete Satan ransomware from system completely so that the amount of encrypted files can be minimized and your new files will be threatened. After that, you can try to use some legitimate data recovery app to restore your files, at least a small part of them. Follow the guide below to get rid of Satan ransomware now:
How to Remove Satan ransomware Virus Completely
Option A – Manually get rid of Satan ransomware virus and connected infections with PC Expert skills.
Step 1 – Uninstall Satan ransomware and all unwanted / unknown / suspicious software from Control Panel
Windows 10 users:
1) Press the Windows key + I to launch Settings >> click System icon.
2) In System screen, click on App & features on the left side.
3) On the right side, click on icon of Satan ransomware or other program that you want to uninstall >> click the Uninstall button
Windows 8 / 8.1 users:
1) Press the Windows key + Q together
2) Type Control Panel and click the icon.
3) Click Uninstall a program
4) Right-click on Satan ransomware or any unwanted program and then click Uninstall
Windows XP/ 7 /Vista users:
1) Click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
2) Access Uninstall a program.
3) Right-click on Satan ransomware or any unknown program and then click Uninstall
Step 2 – Remove Satan ransomware related add-ons/extensions from web browsers
1) Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
2) Click “More Tools”.
3) Select “Extensions”.
4) Find Satan ransomware related extensions and click the trash can icon
1) Click the Firefox menu button to open Add-ons Manager
2) In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions or Appearance panel.
3) Select the unwanted or suspicious add-on related with Satan ransomware.
4) Click the Remove button.
1) Launch Internet Explorer.
2) Click the Tools button, and then click Manage add-ons.
3) Click Toolbar and Extensions
4) Select suspicious add-ons related with Satan ransomware and then click Disable
Microsoft Edge users:
(Edge does not have extension/add-on, but Satan ransomware virus may download hijacker to change your homepage or search engine, so you need to reset default homepage or search engine on Edge)
1. Reset your default search engine to remove Satan ransomware related hijacker virus.
- Select More (…) on the address bar, then Settings
- Click View advanced settings
- Click <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”, then input the search engine you like:
- Now select the search engine you like and click Add as default:
2. Reset your homepage page on Microsoft Edge to remove homepage redirect virus downloaded by Satan ransomware.
- Select More (…) on the address bar, then Settings
- Under Open with, select A specific page or pages
- select Custom to enter the URL of page you want to set as homepage
Step 3 Locate and remove all malicious files of Satan ransomware and related infections
To completely get Satan ransomware and all infections removed from your system, you need to locate and delete all harmful files created by the threats. In this part, you have two options:
Option One – If you are a experienced computer users with expert technique, you can access to Registry to find and remove all dangerous Registry keys and values by yourself (Never try this option if you do not have rich experience and top technique on solving computer problems, because any small mistake can cause severe system malfunction);
Press the Windows key + R together >> Type “regedit‘ in the Run box and hit Enter key >> Locate and remove all malicious registry files created by Satan ransomware and other threats:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TabbedBrowsing "NewTabPageShow" = "1""
Option B – Automatically get rid of Satan ransomware virus and connected infections with top-class software and tools.
(Highly Recommended for All Users) If you are just a common computer user who is not good at handling computer problems and deleting system threats, you are highly recommended to use the recommended tools to help you seek and delete files of Satan ransomware and other infections automatically with ease.
Step 1 – Scan your system with SpyHunter anti-malware tool to delete Satan ransomware virus and malware.
Satan ransomware is quite stubborn computer virus good at hiding itself. If you cannot find out and delete all its malicious files, it may come back and become stronger and more harmful. Therefore, our tech team suggest you installing SpyHunter to assist you, which is one of the best anti-malware tool capable of tracking and removing all the files of computer threats include Adware, Hijacker, Trojan and Ransomware. Now please download SpyHunter to help you detect Satan ransomware and all other hiding threats easily:
1. Click “Download Now” button below to download SpyHunter Anti-Malware safely:
(Notes – Free Trail of SpyHunter can let you scan your system for free with unlimited times. If you are a computer specialist, you will be able to manually locate and remove the malicious items according to the scan results; If you are not advanced and experienced users, you can choose to buy its full version to remove the virus automatically and safely. Meanwhile, the full version of SpyHunter will offers you unlimited one-on-one professional help for any malware related issue by its official PC expert. If you do not need it any more, please check SpyHuner Uninstalling Steps here.)
2. Run SpyHunter-Installer.exe to start the installation and follow its instructions to install SpyHunter:
3. Once SpyHunter is installed, click “Start New Scan” to detect Satan ransomware and all malicious files on your system:
4. Once SpyHunter completes the scan, you can follow the scan results to find and delete the harmful files of Satan ransomware manually by yourself; Or click Fix Threats to delete all the infections quickly and automatically:
Step 2 – Fix damaged registry files and optimize your system performance with RegHunter
Satan ransomware corrupts crucial files in Registry and other crucial sections to trigger slow system speed, system crash, BSOD, program errors and slow Internet. After removing Satan ransomware with SpyHunter, it’s strongly suggested to use RegHunter to restore the damaged files to helathy status and speed up your computer:
1. Click “Download Now” button below to download RegHunter safely:
Notes – If you do not need it any more, please check RegHunter Uninstalling Steps here. RegHunter`s free version provides unlimited free scans and detection. After it detects corrupted registry files and system errors files, you can follow the scan results to manually replace them with healthy files copied from healthy PC on your own; Or to purchase its full version to automatically fix the Registry and errors with ease. Meanwhile, the full version of RegHunter will offers you great features to optimize your system performance.)
2. Run RegHunter-Installer.exe to start the installation of RegHunter.
3. Click Scan for Registry Errors Now to detect registry errors and files damaged by Satan ransomware:
4. Click Repair All Errors to fix Registry and optimize your system:
Step 3 (Optional Step) – Reset Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Internet Explorer to clean up Satan ransomware’s files left on web browser:
– Reset Chrome
1. Open Chrome, then click “Customize and control Google Chrome” button, and then click on Settings
2. Under the Chrome Settings page, scroll down to the bottom, then click on Show advanced settings button
3. After clicking on Show advanced settings button, scroll down to the bottom and click on Reset browser settings button
4. A message box will pop up to inform that your browser settings will be restored to their original defaults, click Reset button when it appears
– Reset Microsoft Edge
1. Select More (…) on the address bar, then Settings
2. click “Choose what to clear”
3. Check the first three options and then click Clear
– Reset Firefox
1. Open Firefox, then click on Firefox button, then click on Help button, then click on Troubleshooting Information
2. At the Troubleshooting Information page, click on Reset Firefox
3. A message box will pop up to let you confirm that you want to reset Firefox to its initial state, click Reset Firefox button when it appears
– Reset Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer, then click on Tools, then click on Internet Options
2. On the Internet Options window: click on Advanced tab, then click Reset button
3. A message box will pop up to let you confirm that you want to reset all Internet Explorer Settings, click Reset button when it appears
Step 4 – Recover Your Files from Backup or through Stellar Data Recovery Software.
If you have backed up your files with external hard drive or cloud drive, now you can delete all the encrypted files and then recover your files.
If you do not have any backup, you need to download some famous data recovery tool to try your luck. Here our lab recommends the top-class Stellar Data Recovery software to you, which is specialized in restoring damaged Windows files. We hope it can help you restore some files. Try it now:
1. Click the button below to open download Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery
3. Double-click installation file “Stellar_WinDataRecovery_Home “ to install it:
4. Click Scan Now to detect all the files encrypted by Satan ransomware:
5. Select the file types you want to recover and then click Recover button
Step 5 – Download Data Recovery Pro to rescue files encrypted by Satan ransomware:
1. Click download button here to get Data Recovery Pro and install it
2. Run Data Recovery Pro to scan your files and then RECOVER them:
(Note – This guide is only provided as an reference to help you get rid of Satan ransomware ransomware to make your PC healthy and prevent new files being infected. We cannot promise that the recommended tools can recover every user’s files which have been encrypted by the most dangerous ransomware such as Satan ransomware. Wish you with good luck!)
Tips for Preventing Computer Virus and Malware
According to research, Free Download Software /Files, Spam Email Attachment, Torrent Files and Porn Websites are the most common ways that cyber criminal spread computer infections such as Satan ransomware. To protect your system from virus and malware attacking, please take these suggestions:
1. Always select Advanced / Custom Installation whenever installing any software;
2. Always update software from their official websites;
3. Always make a scan on free download files and email attachments;
4. It’s better not visiting any Porn websites;
5. Install a top class antivirus software and keep the Firewall up all the time. Here we recommend you the best antivirus – Avast Internet Security. It provides your 60 days free trail, download it now to give your computer an overall protection for free.